Saturday, May 12, 2012

Observation of a 5 year old

I assumed teaching Little Dude how to pee standing up would be relatively easy; I was wrong.

On the rare occasion he asks to pee outside, it's much easier to let him use the backyard than cleaning up the walls, toilet and floor each time he pees.  (Yeah, yeah, I know, mother of the year and all that.)

One afternoon in the backyard, I notice he is doing his normal potty dance.  After he declares, "I don't need to go potty" several times, Little Dude asks if he can pee on the grass.  Having one of my less-than-motivated days, I say, "Sure, knock yourself out."

Little Dude manages to pee on everything but the grass, including the stepping stone pathway (3 feet away).  Princess observes all of this, looks right at me and says, "Oh!  So that's why you make us wear our shoes outside!"


No comments:

Post a Comment