Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Super Power

"If you could pick one super power, what would it be?"
I've noticed over a few years the answer to this question changes for everyone.  When you are young, with absolutely no worries, the answer is something fun and almost unreal.  Princess would answer, "I'd be a fairy that could paint the world pink, purple, orange and yellow."  Little Dude would answer, "I'd have magical swords and swish-swish (that was my best attempt and that noise that all boys can make) against bad guys." 
As kids get older and the real world starts seeping into their precious dreams, their answers get a little more serious.  Answers such as: invisibility and flying are mixed in with being able to feed the world and peace.  Their answers show they are starting to see outside themselves and their innocence makes them want to help people.
When the hormones take over normal thought processes during high school, the answers change inward to more selfish powers, almost the nemesis type of power.  Good looking and weight control powers are probably more common, due to peer pressures. 
Once reality takes over completely after college and/or during family years, the top answers would be staying awake or quickness in dealing with tasks.  Or your super power is more what you can already do well. 
Mine for example, would be Stress Girl.  I have the ability to take on stress and deal with it.  I actually thrive during stressful situations, my brain goes into "go" mode and it does stuff without me knowing it.  The problem is, I don't have that alter-ego that shuts off Stress Girl. 
Now that I have depressed myself, I have to think, what would my super power be if I had no worries?!  My mind went through about 10 different powers dealing with cleaning and saving humanity.  This is great thinking, however it's just not that fun, no worries kind of answer. 
4 hours later, a trip to the frozen yogurt store and 1/2 bottle of wine, I still don't have an answer.  Is this some sort of link or connection to my childhood that I've lost forever? 
Nope, I just needed the correct combination of events.  My husband just put in Bolt and since I love Pixar movies, my mind raced to the Incredibles.  I wouldn't mind being Elastigirl.  I'm only 5'3" on a good day, so being able to reach the top shelf would be nice!  Plus I could help humanity, look good and be kick butt in yoga class!  Oh yeah!  I got your weird pretzel plank, downward facing iguana pose right here! 
What would your (no worries) super power be, and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment