Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A glimpse of insanity...

Every morning at 6:08 AM a neighbor's sprinklers go off. Normally this wouldn't concern me. However, it wakes me up from my last sacred minutes before the school routine starts. At 6:08 AM, I still have 22 minutes before the actual alarm goes off, or Little Dude comes into our bedroom, already dressed.

What concerns me is the timing of the sprinklers going off. 6:08? I have already ruled out our clocks being early or late, as they are set with Sprint. (Whether this is an accurate time or not is moot, I just assume that everyone else sets their clocks to some cellular device nowadays.)

I now lie awake thinking is their clock 3 minutes slow? 2 minutes fast? Or, even worse, did they actually program their sprinklers to go off at 6:08 AM? If it is the last option, then I am in awe of their testicular fortitude to plainly mess with people.

I really hope it is the last option, because as soon as we get our sprinklers ripped out and a drought resistant garden built, I plan on setting my sprinklers to go off at some random time also, just to mess with people. (For those of you wondering, we do have a small patch of grass in the backyard that we will keep for the kiddos - this is where I will set off my sprinklers at 6:52 AM.)



***Upon reading this out loud to my husband, his response was, "You aren't right. It's the right title for it, though."

Welcome to a small slice of my "reality." (Insert evil laugh here)

No comments:

Post a Comment