Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Behold the power of ....Cheetos!?

Today I discovered my husband's kryptonite. Amazingly enough, it is Cheetos. Yes, Cheetos. What I believe to be a wonderfully crunchy, "cheesy" bag of goodness, MD sees a reason to hoark.

I don't get to eat them as often as I used too, due to turning 30-something....the point at which your body stops its metabolism completely. Therefore, I enjoy living vicariously through Princess and Little Dude.

Princess and Little Dude, not only love the flavor of that "cheesy" substance and that crunch you get with the perfect bag, they love the orange dust that adheres to their fingers like glue. Oh, to be a kid again...or at least a point in which my metabolism didn't laugh outright when I glance at a bag of chips.

Evidently, the joy the kids get out of a bag of Cheetos, is not appreciated by MD. The smell alone will make him turn a strange shade of green. I jokingly, ate a Cheetos and asked him for a kiss...I thought he actually may have held back some vomit when I stuck out my tongue full of "cheesy" goodness. Had I not found this funny, I think I may have felt a little insulted.

On our way home from lunch, he was in charge of trying to keep the kids awake in the car (for nap time at home). Little Dude or Princess somehow touched his arm with a finger coated with orange goo. My husband, also a grown man of 30-something, shrieked and cried out, "Goo! Don't touch me!" After that, it became a game of who could gross daddy out best. I have to admit, even though I was driving, I was also enjoying the excitement.

I was not aware that a simple snack food could reduce a man to a slightly green-looking, whimpering ball (in a Prius). It has taken 10 years, but I now have an item more powerful than I can imagine at my fingertips! Bwah-ha-ha! (My interpretation of an evil laugh.)

Just thinking of the ways I can use this to my advantage, the possibilities are astounding!

Too bad, I don't have any Cheetos in the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment