Friday, January 25, 2013

Being a military spouse has its moments

Every once in awhile you have those strange moments as a military spouse when you try to go that extra mile. Those times, when all those acronyms and weird sayings just make perfect sense.

Then there are other times when you can't remember those things, so you try your best. In this case, trying my best means making up stuff as I go along.

Conversation between Military Dad and I where I need to give him letters over the phone. I reach deep into my call sign memory bank and come up with...nothing.

MD: What were the letters?
Me:  Grover, Grover, Victor

Silence...

MD: Grover, huh?
Me:  That's not it? What is it?

MD: Golf. (I might add, his voice had a tone that screams, "Why is this so complicated?")

Me:  Golf? Meh, I like Grover better, he was awesome!

MD may be on the other coast right now, but I can feel both amusement and frustration coming out of the phone. Yeah well, I guess today wasn't one of those extra mile days!

No comments:

Post a Comment