Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Am I really that strange?

I haven't been feeling great for the last few days due to some new cootie the kids brought home, in order to test my immune system.

Therefore, I conned Military Dad (MD) into going to bed early tonight so I'd have company. It's hard to be alone when your sinuses are so plugged you sound like Darth Vader when he breathes. Plus, I imagine I'm making even more attractive noises as I try to clear my previously mentioned stuffed sinuses. (My father once, not so gently, compared the sound of me blowing my nose to that of a fog horn.)

I imagine I'm not anywhere near ravishing or acting lady like, however I'm sick, so I have an excuse.

MD is truly wonderful. He lies next to me, ignoring the strange assortment of noises coming out of my nose, in order to keep me company. What a wonderful man!

Out of nowhere, a moth flies steadily for my face, threatening to beat me up with its tiny, little wings..our worse yet, land on me! Now I am forced to take evasive action in order to defend myself...I slap the crap out of myself, the bed, sheets, the wall, etc. You get the point...it was war and I was fighting with honor as the snot runs down my face.

As World War III is happening, a thought occurs to me: MD is just lying next to me, not even looking up from his damn phone!!!

Am I really that strange that I can slap the crap out of myself for about a minute straight and get no reaction or concern?!

I'd like to believe that MD knows me that well, he realized what was going on, and thought I was handling myself with the grace and eloquence required.

Doubt it, but if he can sit by with no reaction, then I get to say I handled myself well.

No comments:

Post a Comment